Recorded during the height of the snow at the beginning of February 2009 the panel discuss the role that learning technologies and communication tools can have in supporting colleges and schools that get closed because of the snow.
This is the twelfth e-Learning Stuff Podcast, It’s Snow Joke.
Download the podcast in mp3 format: It’s Snow Joke
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
James is joined by Di Dawson, Lisa Valentine, David Sugden, Dave Foord and is joined later by John Whalley.
- The view from Di’s office.
- Ping.fm which can be used to send the same message to various micro-blogging and picture services.
- Spinvox a service which converts audio into text. Allows you to phone into your blog, convert voicemail to SMS, and much more.
- Gabcast is a simple way to make podcasts, by just phoning in…
- Dim Dim is a free to use online conference and presentation tool.
- Elluminate another online presentation tool which was used at the recent LSIS eCPD Launch Conference.
- Instant Presenter as used for the MoLeNET online conferences.
- Oovoo which is an alternative to Skype and can be used for four way video conferencing.
- Ustream is a online video broadcasting service.
John Whalley’s final comment, as I didn’t give him much notice on the podcast recording.
Thought on one thing to do if it snows – have a series of general podcasts prepared on a ‘non-mainstream’ area for your subject, distributed early in the course. Ask learners to review if can’t get in to college.
Apologies for the poor sound quality at time on the recording, which we are putting down to the poor weather!
11 thoughts on “e-Learning Stuff Podcast #012: It’s Snow Joke”