This section of the blog describes the blogs, presentations and workshops I am going to do.
If you are interested in contacting me, please get in touch.
ALT Annual Conference 2016: Connect, Collaborate, Create #altc – 6th – 8th September 2016
I am running a digital capability workshop at the Association for Learning Technology Conference in Warwick.
The conference provides an international platform for Learning Technology research, practice and policy work from across sectors.
The themes for the conference are:
- Connecting data and analytics to enhance learning and teaching: exploring possibilities and making links.
- Collaboration and innovation in the open: taking risks, sharing lessons and the importance of open practice.
- Creating new learning, teaching and assessment opportunities: play, experiment, discover, embed to enhance learner experiences.
- Wildcard: Learning Technology is everywhere… you are free to contribute any aspect of your research, practice or policy work.
The conference will be chaired by Professor Nicola Whitton, who leads the Professional Learning Research Group at the Education and Social Research Institute at Manchester Metropolitan University and Alex Moseley, a National Teaching Fellow based in the Leicester Learning Institute, University of Leicester.
Jisc Digital Leaders Programme – 4th/5th and 17th/18th October 2016
I am jointly running the Jisc Digital Leaders Programme.
Our four-day digital leaders programme will equip you with the tools, knowledge and skills to:
- Become a more effective digital leader through your own personal and professional development
- Explore how organisations can engage more effectively with the digital technology at their disposal – at both strategic and operational levels
- Discover and reflect on how digital technology is changing the way your organisation operates – creating new leadership challenges and strategic opportunities
- Learn to lead, manage and influence digitally-driven change across organisations, departments, services and teams
Aimed at current and aspiring leaders and managers from higher and further education organisations, this programme forms part of our wider approach to building digital capability in the sectors we support.
NetworkED – 23rd November 2016
I am presenting a seminar in this series of NetworkED events run by the LSE. My talk will be on mapping teaching and learning.